Sunday, November 22, 2009

Music Night: November 2009

Time: Friday November 20th, 2009, 7:30 PM
Location: The Glass House
Order: Birthdays

Jeremy Smith - How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20
Christine Glass - Still Fighting It by Ben Folds
Martin Gonzalez - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked by Ida Maria
Josh Boyle - Leave by REM
Chris Smith - Misguided Ghosts by Paramore
Jordan Glass - Dedicated by Felix
Heather Glass - Realtor by Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson
Jen - Someday by The Plain White T's
Alex Madrigal - Minha Galera by Manu Chao
Kohl Glass -We Are All Connected by Symphony of Science
Chris Glass - Fully Alive by Flyleaf
J.C. Glass - Suite for Cello No. 1 by Johann Sebastian Bach (Cello by Yo-Yo Ma)
Marshall Glass - You're Ex-Lover is Dead by Stars


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

I couldn't find Dedicated by Felix anywhere. Also the correct version of REM's Leave that Josh shared is the link by his name, not the one in the playlist. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. .

    I haven't heard a new matchbox20 song in years. Hearing them without being totally sick of them is pretty cool.

    Ten years later and I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about Ben Folds. Sometimes it's love sometimes it's disdain, but I never give up and I keep trying him out.

    Never heard of Ida Maria before. This was a cool song. How old is it? It sounds sorta seventiespunk filters through an 80s aesthetic, but I'm guessing it's actually pretty new.

    Hey! A not annoying REM song! We should treasure these.

    I've been hearing about Paramore and I thank you for the introduction. This is a great song.

    I've only heard bad things about the Yorn/Johansson album, but navelgazery or not, I liked this song. Mostly. I didn't think their voices melded that well, but otherwise.

    I don't think I've forgiven the Plain White T's for Delilah yet. I'm not ready for another song from that sad-boy voice.

    Manu Chou: fine.

    Scientists: Would it work if I hadn't already seen it on YouTube?

    Flyleaf: This is the sort of song that really works best live, imho.

    Yo-Yo Ma: Oh good. I was in need of a classical interlude.

    Stars: Good. Well ended. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing when I shared "We are All Connected" since no one else had seen the video, but judging from the discussion that followed the song, I came to the conclusion that it works the same without the video.

    Here are the songs I really liked:
    Realtor
    Someday
    Suite for Cello No. 1
    You're Ex-Lover is Dead

    ReplyDelete