Sunday, February 14, 2010

Song Share: Cough Syrup

By Alex Madrigal

I first heard this band when I went to go see a different band called fun. They put on a great show and had really good songs. Back then they were called The Jakes, but they have recently (after going over to roadrunner records) changed their name to Young the Giant. Naming themselves after the Brothers Grimm fairytale, which you can read here.

They have a few tracks for free download at Purevolume.com and I believe you can buy the album there as well (if you are so inclined). Also, if you download the free tracks ... place your cursor right below the playlist, it scrolls down to other songs of theirs (it might be slow, but it took me a bit to catch on to this). Let me know what you think of Cough Syrup, its the most downloaded on Purevolume.com so I figure it has the best chances.

Cough Syrup by Young the Giant


Lyrics:
Life’s too short to even care at all oh
I’m losing my mind losing my mind losing control
These fishes in the sea they’re staring at me oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
A wet world longs for a beat of a drum
Oh
If I could find a way to see this straight
I’d run away
To some fortune that I should have found by now
Uhh ch ch ch ch
Life’s too short to even care at all oh
I’m coming up now coming up now out of the blue
These zombies in the park they’re looking for my heart
Oh oh oh oh
A dark world aches for a splash of the sun oh oh
If I could find a way to see this straight
I’d run away
To some fortune that I should have found by now
And so I run to the things they said could restore me
Restore life the way it should be
Waiting for this cough syrup to come down
Life’s too short to even care at all oh
I’m losing my mind losing my mind losing it all
If I could find a way to see this straight
I’d run away
To some fortune that I should have found by now
So I run to the things they said could restore me
Restore life the way it should be
Waiting for this cough syrup to come down
One more spoon of cough syrup now
One more spoon of cough syrup now

No comments:

Post a Comment